Monday, January 17, 2011

Creative Writing - Scenes

1, Mold, it smells like mold, and moth balls. Its cold, and wet, and dark. The steps to the basement are steep like the side of a mountain and the railing dissolved years and years ago. The walls are cement and rough like a cats tongue. There is no sunlight, and someone broke the light in the ceiling.

2. "Sofie! Lets go for a walk, its a beautiful evening." says June
"Its still way to hot for me." claims Sofie.
"Come on!" declares June
Glaring Sofie unwilling gets up from in front of the fan where she was reading Elle magazine and sipping lemonade.

3. We are waiting, we are waiting for the sun to go down. We still have twenty-five minutes to wait.
"Stephen, can we go out tonight? Please?!" Begs Sunny
"Sunny your bugging me. I wish I never found you." proclaims Stephen
I roll over, yanning, they always have this conservation, and i'm too hungry to care.

4. "Oh June this street is creepy! Why did you make us come down here? The sun is setting and I don't even have my cell phone!" Whines Sofie
"Stop complaining." Yells June, visibly annoyed at her best friend Sofie
"My middle name is Complain June! Espically when you make me walk down this street, at this time of day." says Sofie
June is walking quietly, observing her surrounding and blocking out Sofie.
They pass a house on the right and Sofie stops dead in her tracks, "June, did you see that?" stutters Sofie. The sun has gone completely down now and the heat is still suffocating, like its going to rain soon.
"See what Sofie? You have lost your mind. Lets go home I am getting hungry." claims June
"Okie Dokay." sings Sofie excited to finally get to go home. "I should have known better then to wear these sandles, they are killing my feet!"

5. The girls turn around, "AHHHH!!" behind them, looming over them is a man.

No comments: